Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Interview with Gravecrusher done by Patrick 6-24-14

Metal  Hails! 
Here  is  a  new  interview  with  Gravecrusher   who  comes  out  of  the  Hungarian  metal scene.  Their  new  cd  "Morbid Black  Oath" is  being  released  by  Xtreeme  Music .Enjoy  the  interview  and  thanks to  everyone  who  supports  the  underground  scene
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com








Interview  with    Disguster  Guitarist for   Grave Crusher   done  by  Patrick


1.Metal  hails  Disguster   how  are  things   in  Hungary  going? Please  introduce yourself to  the  readers.



Greetings from Hungary! Everything is fine here, thanks for the question! I’m a maniacal metal fanatic from Szeged and I’m the guitarist of Gravecrusher a Hungarian death metal band.




2.When  did  you  first  discover  Metal? Who  were  some  of  the  first  bands  you  listened  to?Who  are  some  of  your  current favorite  bands?


 I was 15 years old when I first saw Slayer’s Bloodline music video. That was my first experience with metal. I never thought that this kind of music exist before I saw that video. I found it fuckin great so on the same week I went to our local record shop and bought Slayer’s „Show No Mercy” and Cannibal Corpse’s „Gallery of Suicide” albums on cassette. „Show No Mercy” is still one of my all time favorite album! Currently I listening to a lot of Morbid Angel, mainly „Covenant” and „Formulas Fatal to the Flesh”, but I also listening Devastation’s Idolatry a lot, everything from Demolition Hammer and Teitanblood’s new record. I also can’t wait to hear the new Incantation record too!



3.When  did you  first  meet   the  other  members  of  GraveCrusher? What  is  the  current  line  up of  the  band? For  the  readers  who  have  never  heard GraveCrusher's  music how  would  you best  describe  it?


   Haha, that’s a good question! I met Disemboweler about 12 years ago first when both of us used to skateboard, but this is the first band  where we play together. We formed Gravecrusher because we are a long time friends with same musical taste and somehow didn’t play together in any kind of band. I know Mutilator about for 8 years ago. We played 2 bands together before Gravecrusher. Revenger and Chaosprayer are newer friends of mine. I only know them for 4 years or something. I played with Revenger a band also before this project. Chaosprayer joined to after we recorded our first demo. I know him from the local black metal acts. We still have this lineup, nothing changed. It’s always hard to decribe a music with words for me but I would say it’s a pure death metal band with influences of the first records of Death, Unleashed, Entombed but everybody says different things. I heard that someones think it’s a Bolt Thrower or Gorefest influenced band. Whatever, it’s a death metal band, nothing new. We play what we like, that’s all!



4.How  did  you all come  in  contact  with  Xtreeme  Music? 

Caverna Abismal Records re-released our demo with my other project Necrosodomy on a split tape. Dave traded this tape with the label and he found Gravecrusher really great! He wrote us an email and of course it was a fucking honour to us that we can join to this label, because we really love his releases!




5.How  long  did it  take  to  write  the  songs  on  "Morbid  Black Oath"?


It was about 3 months to write that record. I wrote the riffs for this one and at the rehearsal we put together the songs. We don’t rehearsal a lot so that’s why it took about 3 months. Chaosprayer and Disemboweler also have a lot of riffs so usually we write together the records. For the full length they already wrote some songs and I also wrote 3 desecrations.



6.Who usually  writes  the  lyrics  for  the  band?What  are  some  topics/subjects  you  all write  about?



Revenger handle all of the lyrics and of course all of it are about death, torture and suffering. Nothing serious message behind the lyrics, just DEATH! I personally really like this kind of lyrics! My favorite lyrics written by Autopsy!



7.How  has  the  response  been from  the fans? What  about  the   press?



I only heard good responses by far which is really great! The metalheads and the press like it too! The press usually says that they like the mixture of the Swedish and the USA bands’ influences despite the fact that our music doesn’t have anything new but we are a little bit different from the other new death metal bands. But I read a review where the guy wrote we totally rip of Bolt Thrower which is funny because none of us listens to Bolt Thrower! haha



8.Does  Grave Crusher  have  any  tours  or  shows  planned for   the  new  release?Who  are  some  bands  you  all have  shared  the  stage  with?


 Yeah, we’ll have a 3 days tour in the UK with Hellsworn and Decrepid. Sheol will play at 2 venues too there. I cannot wait for that trip!! Also at the Autumn we planned for a 3-5 days tour in Europe, but I can’t write any details yet. We have shared the stage with a lot of great bands already!! Just a few to mention: From Hungary Limb for a Limb, Krampüs and Age of Agony. They are really great death metal bands! You should check them out! At Písek we played with Lahar which is a really great crossover/thrash metal band! At Bratislava we played with Gates of Ptulah. Total putrid death metal madness!





9.has the  band  ever gotten  to  play  outside  of  Hungary? If  yes  where  all have you played? If you  could set up a  dream  tour with any bands{past  or  present}  who  would you  like to  share the stage  with?


 Only twice yet. There was a festival at Bratislava where we played with a lot of other bands, for example with Gates of Ptulah and Inferno. And we also had a 3 days trip with my other band, Mörbid Carnage in Slovakia and Czeck Republic. All of theese shows were fucking awesome! For a dream tour I think I would choose Autopsy! They are one of my favorite bands and the members seems very friendly and easy to party with! For inactive band I would choose the Swedish Crematory! They created something really unique music back than! I really like „The Exordium” and the „Wrath from the Unknown”! Best death metal demos ever! I would die to see theese songs live! From newer bands Necrowretch would be a great option! Their music is really bestial!! 



10.GraveCrusher   comes  out of  the  Hungarian metal  scene.What  is  your  opinion  of Hungary's  metal  scene?



 The Hungarian metal scene is getting better and better now! Of couse you can’t compare to the German scene but if I look back 10 years it’s better now! More and more fanzines and underground festivals. There are some new labels too! And the people started to buy albums again! For festivals we have 2 bigger underground fests, Inner Awakening Fest at Szeged and Total War Fest at Körmend. At theese fests you can see all of the important acts from Hungary.




11.Who  are  some  of  your  all-time  favorite  metal bands from  hungary? Are  their  any  new  bands you  feel  the  readers   should  check  out  soon?



Honestly, I don’t have any all time favorite bands from Hungary. There were great bands like
Extreme Deformity, Undertaking, Cultic Pulp and Subject, but I only listen their stuffs rarely. As I wrote before Krampüs, Limb for a Limb and Age of Agony are definitly bands that you should check out! In black metal we have Ahriman, Lepra and Svoid! And the best grindcore band in Hungary is Jack! Check them out! 12.In  your  opinion  what  is  the  best  and  worst  thing  about  the  underground metal-



12.In  your  opinion  what  is  the  best  and  worst  thing  about  the  underground metal-scene? And  what does the  term underground metal mean  to you?


Argh, it’s a hard question! For the best thing I can’t write only one example! The underground festivals are way more better than the bigger ones. The bands and the fans usually have more passion! The labels signs a band because they like it not because they see money in it. Ok, the last one was really cliche but it’s true! The worst thing is definitly the narrow minded posers. We all know one! haha I love the underground metal because the reasons that I wrote above!




13.Disguster  you  play  the  guitars  for  the  band  When did you  first become  interested  in playing  the  guitars? Are you  self taught or did you  take  lessons  when  first  learning?



  My uncle plays guitar too so I can remember when I was a child I always whatched his guitars and sometimes I tried to play with them but I wasn’t really interested until I became a metal fanatic! I got my first guitar at the end of 2002. I was really untalented so I had to take some lessions in the first half year. And after theese years I still learn from videos and from tabs by myself.



14.Who  are  some  of your  influences/favorite  guitarist?Do you  play  any other  instruments?



There are a lot of guitarists who inspired me! Just to name a few: Jeff Hanneman, Trey Azagthoth, Eric Daniels, Rick Rozz, Chuck Schuldiner, John McEntee, Dimebag Darrell. Theese guys are the masters of the riffs!! And of course I love their solos too! For solos I think Trey Azagthoth wins for me! When you hear one of his solo you know that it’s him! Well, on some records I play on bass too but I’m not good in it! I also tired to play drums at rehearsals but I really fucking untalented in that too! haha





15.Disguster  are  you  or  any of  the  other  members  of the band  currently  playing  with other bands?If yes  please  tell the  readers  about  them?



 All of us play in a lot of another bands. I play in a thrash metal band, Mörbid Carnage and in some other death metal acts called, Tyrant Goatgaldrakona, Coffinborn and Necrosodomy. Disemboweler plays in Necrosodomy too as a bassist and in a hardcore band, Game Misconduct with Mutilator who also plays in Jack which is a great grindcore group! Revenger is the vocalist for the death metal Sin of God and for the black metal Nebron too. Chaosprayer plays in some black metal bands as a guitarist, Lepra, Dunkelheit, Hell Eternal, Grimness. As you can see we play in the half of the Hungarian bands! haha 



16.Thank  you  for  taking  the  time  to  fill this  Interview  out.Do  you  have  anything  you  would  like to   add before  we  close  the  interview?



Thanks for the interview! Support the underground!! TOTAL DEATH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment