Saturday, June 13, 2015

Interview with Crucifixion BR. done by Patrick on 6-13-15

Metal  Regards
Here  is  a  new  interview  with  Brazil's  Crucifixion BR.   whose  debut  cd  "Destruction Of The Fucking Disciples Of Christ"  is  now  available  through  Horror,Pain,Gore Death rec."  so  if your  interested  in  getting  a  cd  either  contact  the  band  or  label today!
Enjoy  the interview  and  keep  watching the blog  more  reviews and  interviews  coming  soon.
Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com




Interview  with  Crucifixion BR.  done  by  Patrick 




1.Hails   Juliana  and  Marcio   please  introduce  yourselves  to  the  readers?When  did  the  two   of  you  meet?


Lord Grave War: I had already plans to form Crucifixion BR sometime in 1995 , it would be called ‘Hellish Prediction’, then in 1996 I’ve changed the name to ‘Crucifixion’,  which is the name of a song by SEPULTURA from Morbid Visions album, it was in that time that I met Juliana Novo.


DarkMoon: Yeah, we met by the end of 1995, then we started the band in March 1996.






2. When did  you  both  get  the  idea   to  form Crucifixion BR? What is  the  current  line-up  of  the  band? For the readers who have  never  heard   Crucifixion BR. How would  you   describe  the  music?

Lord Grave War: As I said before , I wanted to form a Black Metal band with Strong influences from the roots suchs as Venom, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer , also such as bands from the beginning of 90's , such as Emperor, Mayhem , Rotting christ , Satyricon etc.. I would be the vocalista only, then later I ended up being the guitarist and vocalist, and Juliana started to play the drums (she was a guitarist), so the current line-up is Lord Grave War aka Marcio Guterres, guitars and vocals, Juliana Novo aka DarkMoon on the drums, and Roberto Candido aka Factus as the bassist. We had lots of guest bassists to play live for the promotion of the album ‘Destroying The Fucking Disciples Of Christ’, and now we are relocating the band to São Paulo/SP, Brazil. Our music has influences from the old school Black Death Metal with some thrash metal from 80’s and 90's with bands such as Emperor , Impaled Nazarene, Vader, Morbid Angel, Sepultura Old era, Kreator, we don’t want to repeat formulas, creating an unique sound at the same time with a revival from the real old school Black Metal atmorphere that it has to have, I’d say we are sounding nowadays more like a Black/Death Metal band, extreme music 666!  



3. Crucifixion BR.   has   released  the  debut  cd   "Destruction  Of The  Fucking Disciples  Of  Christ"    through  Horror Pain Gore  Death Prod.  How  did  the   band  come  in  contact  with  this  great  label? 


DarkMoon: Back in 2011 I was sending e-mails to many labels around the world with our press kit, and among the answers I got, there was a reply from Mike Juliano of Horror Pain Gore Death Productions, asking me to send the physical CD. Then I sent, and asked a month later if it ever arrived, then he said no, sorry. And when our oficial video was released in January 2014, I emailed him with the YouTube link, then asked again about releasing our album. And when we were almost making a deal with another local label to release the album, he replied to me asking if we had ever released it, cause he missed that last email with the video, and then we got all this thing going, and then released the album in October 2014. And then Willian of Shinigami Recs asked us if we wanted to release in Brazil, so in February 2015 we ended up releasing our CD in our country through Shinigami Recs.  





4.How  long   did  it  take  to  write  the  music/songs   on  the  new  cd?  Who   usually  writes  the    lyrics  for   the  band? Where  do  you  all draw  inspiration for  your  lyrics? 


Lord Grave War: I compose the structures of the songs and also the lyrics, ideas happen in any moment, lately I have recorded everything that comes up to my mind such as riffs and lyrics, thinking about the next album already. Lyrics are a personal thing to me, they tell about existential crisis, such as in ‘Eternal Judgement’, there’s also the song ‘Destroyng The Fucking Disciples Of Christ’ which tells about the battle of eras in the name of God where generations were devastated by the hipocrisy of cristianity, which happens until nowadays. I think we have to believe in our intuition, not to judge the outside, to fight with honour, blood and soul for your objectives. Crucifixion BR wants to ally with the fans always as an unique chain against humanity’s and cristianity’s hipocrisy, together we have the force... Together we will win this old daily battle imposed! 




5.How   has  the   response  been  from  the  fans? What  about   the    press?

Lord Grave War: We did a small tour in Brazil passing through a few cities of São Paulo state and also in Minas Gerais state, we played in the birth city of the band SEPULTURA, Belo Horizonte, where we had a great repercution. People  in the shows have been buying our merchandise, and partying with us, and the press also seems interested in us, and finding worth in our battle.


DarkMoon: people sometimes wonder before our shows, who is that girl setting up a drum kit? And then they get impressed by watching me playing, it’s a cool reaction in my opinion, guys and girls get shocked by seeing a girl playing such a fast and extreme drumming, and after the shows people come to talk to me and I get many compliments, which is awesome. As for the press, we are featured on the May issue of the brazilian magazine Roadie Crew, which is a great accomplishment, after so many years in the underground scene. Also I’m on the issue #28 of the american Sick Drummer Magazine, which was another great step. And there’s more to come this year, hopefully soon.



6. Does  Crucifixion BR.   ever  play  live  or  do  you  both  prefer the   studio?

Lord Grave War: I like to play live, to stay in contact with the crowd. To enter the stage each night in different places has an unique adrenaline, but to play at the studio also has its good point, because there is the oxygen to the band, the continuation of it, where we keep on writing new pages of our history in music, it’s the art rejuvenated, bravely complete and alive! 


DarkMoon: Performing live is always a better experience, it doesn’t matter if there are 10 people or 10 thousand of people, the show is always good. But playing at studio is fun aswell.





7.Who   are   some  bands  you  all have  shared  the  stage  with? If  you  both     could  set  up  a  dream  show/tour   who  are  some  bands {past  or  present}  you  want  to  share  the  stage  with?


 Lord Grave War: We have shared the stage with many cool bands, both from the underground national scene, also special bands such as the brothers of Krisiun, Dark Funeral, Nervochaos, Genocidio, etc.


 DarkMoon: well we are booking a tour in Europe by October, and we have been confirmed to play in the Opole Metal Festival with Besatt and other bands to be announced, so I hope we’ll get more gigs like that, also with Dark Funeral, which we already had the honour to support in a festival here in Brazil. I wish we could perform soon also with other awesome bands like Behemoth, Vader, Morbid Angel, Marduk, Rotting Christ.



8.In   your   opinions   what  does  Black Metal  mean  to   you?

Lord Grave War: to me the renewal, the balance, the fight, annihilation of any form of falsehood, stay war!

DarkMoon: I agree to Marcio, it means the force, to believe in yourself and not to obey stupid forms of religion, live your life with your own consciousness.



9.Crucifixion BR.   comes   out  of  the  mighty  Brazilian  metal  scene  what  is  your  opinions  of  the  scene  in  Brazil?

Lord Grave War: the scene is ok, but it’s not easy, lots of great bands in the national scenery, bands miss more support, more organization! But brazilian metal keeps strong, never letting it go down, that’s what we felt in the last gig we played in the states of Rio Grande do Sul, São Paulo and Minas Gerais!  


Darkmoon: Yeah, there are good and bad promoters, poor promotion also, there are some people full of greed who try to get advantage of the scenery, but also there are true people who keep on fighting for a better scene.




10.Who  are  your  all time  favorite  bands  from   Brazil? Are  their  any  new   bands  you  feel  the   readers   should  check  out  soon?

Lord Grave War: the first brazilian band that I met as a kid and got addicted was SEPULTURA Cavalera's era , to me those guys are part of the history of Crucifixion BR. In terms of Brazil, I also like Expulser, Sexthrash , Krisiun, Attomica, Dorsal Atlântica , The Mist , Vulcano etc... nowadays have listened a lot to Nervochaos, Funeratus,  Claustrofobia, different sound but a great band, also great guys... there are lots of bands with quality in the brazilian extreme metal scene!  


DarkMoon: I also love Sepultura and Krisiun. Dorsal Atlântica, PUS old times, The Mist with Jairo Guedz (such a pity the band is no more active), Nervochaos, Vulcano are great bands as well.



11.Are  either  of  you  currently  working  with  side-bands  or  solo  projects?If  yes   please  tell  the  readers  about  them?


 Lord Grave War: I particularly not, the focus is Crucifixion BR 100%! 


DarkMoon: I have been also a singer, I have taken part in other music projects in the past as a singer, even recorded an EP with Dremora from Los Angeles, also an EP with Lamented Despondency from Slovakia, and Noctis Notus from Brazil. Nowadays I don’t have any side-project. I save all my work on drums only for Crucifixion BR, cause it means my identity, and the identity of the band.





12. Juliana    you   handle  the  drums  for   CrucifixionBR.  when  did  you  become  interested  in  playing  the  drums?  Are  you   self taught  or  did  you  take  lessons  when  first  beginning?


 DarkMoon: Well when we started the band I was a guitarist, but we couldn’t find any drummers in our area, then Marcio suggested me to start learning drums, then I did, and it was so much easier than playing the guitar, he gave me a few advices cause he’s a drummer aswell. Then the rest I learned on my own, so I’m self taught, and I’m left-handed, but I don’t invert the drums, I play in a different way than mostly drummers, something like open handed style. 



13.Who   are  some  of  your  influences/favorite  drummers? Do  you  currently   play  any  other   instruments?


DarkMoon: My inspirations come from many metal styles, mostly death and black metal drummers, such as Igor Cavalera, Pete Sandoval, Dave Lombardo, Nicholas Barker, Hellhammer, Inferno, Max Kolesne, etc. 
Well I used to play the guitar, then after I started to play the drums, I never really played the guitar again. I wasn’t very good on it. But I can also sing. 




14.Marcio you   handle  the  guitars  for  the  band  when  did  you  first  become  interested  in  playing  the   guitars?Who   are  some  of  your  influences/favorite   guitarists?


Lord Grave War: I wanted to be just a singer, but in that time it was hard to find someone interested in doing Black Metal in Rio Grande city, then I had to learn the guitar aswell, then I ended up adapting myself to play and sing together and I enjoyed since then. My influence on guitar is Trey Azagthoth, Andreas Kisser old times, Hoffman Brothers of Deicide, Mille Petroza of Kreator, Insahn of Emperor to me is supreme, both his music and his vocals…and so on!






15.Marcio   you   also   handle  the  vocals  for  the  band   when  did  you  become  interested  in  singing/screaming? Do  you  do  anything  special  to  keep  your  throat/voice  healthy?
Who  are  some  of  your  favorite  vocalists?


Lord Grave War: since I was very young, I Always loved to sing. I used to sing the old albums of SEPULTURA, the voice of Max Cavalera was the first one who influenced me, also the ones in Morbid Angel, Dark Throne , Immortal Emperor, Deicide, Mayhem, those vocalists are a big inspiration to me, such as many others. For now I don’t do anything special to keep my throat healthy, it is still ok, I am an autodidact vocalist who does both screaming and  guttural vocals, the same way I sing with clean voice. When the show is over people ask me, are you hoarse? And I say: nope, everything is OK. There must be demons behind this technique haha. 




16.Thank  you  Juliana  and  Marcio   for  taking  the  time  to  fill this  interview out. Do  either  of  you   have  any  final   comments?


Lord Grave War: thanks for the opportunity to do this interview, Crucifixion BR wants to unify and to add something fresh to the worldwide extreme metal scene, public and bands connected we are stronger, hugs and regards to all, stay fucking War, Brazil and the world!


DarkMoon: thanks Patrick for the interview, and hey guys and girls, be sure to like us on facebook so you don’t miss our news! Hope to meet a lot of people in our upcoming concerts in Europe! We will be trying to hit the USA and Canada soon next year! Thanks a lot for the support and keep strong on this metal scene!


                                                               Band   Contact
                                                      https://www.facebook.com/crucifixionbr
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment