Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Interview with Chaos Altar done by Patrick‏ on 11-25-15

Hails

Here  is  a  new   interview  with  the  French  one-man  band   Chaos  Altar   who  recently  released their  debut  release  through  Cold  Raw  Rec  titled   "And Then  You Die"   defintly   pick  this  release  up  today  if your  a  fan  of  chaotic  blackend death metal.

Regards

Patrick

fiendformetal@live.com

Interview with Executor Vocals and all instruments for Chaos Altar done by Patrick


1. Hails  Executor  what  gave you  the   idea  to  form    Chaos  Altar ?How  did  you  come  up  with  the   name  for  the  band?


Hails Patrick and Ode To War web-zine!

It started in 2008. I was tired of playing drums in bands I don't completely like. So I decided to form my one man band so I'll be in control of everything.

At first I named it Nir'um'Tuk. Last year, I decided to change the name to something that matches more the music and lyrical theme. I think it speaks for itself: the band is a tribute to the Ancient Chaos.


2.Did  you  plan  to  keep     Chaos  Altar  a  one-man  band  or  have  you  searched  for   new  musicians to  join the band?

As I said, I want this project to be really personal, so no I don't want any musician to join as full part of the band.

However, I want to summon Chaos live, so I recently put a live lineup together. The guys are good friends I've known for a very long time. I don't want to play Chaos Altar music live with people I don't really know.

 

3.If  you  could  work  with  any  musicians{past  or  present}  who  are some  you  would  like to  work with?

I think I answered this question with the previous one! (laughs)

Even if I worship a lot of musicians, who are inspiration source etc, I wouldn't work with any of them, for Chaos Altar though.

 But if you wonder, the first name who comes into my mind is Ihsahn.


 

4.  Chaos  Altar   has  just  released the  debut E.P "And Then You Die"  through  Cold Raw  Rec.  how did  you  come  in  contact  with the  label?
I selected a few underground labels, with a spirit which matches mine. Cold Raw Records were the first who answered me straight up with a fair deal, so I didn't hesitate a long time before putting my trust in them. And I don't regret: all was perfect!

 

5.How  long  did  it  take  for you  to write  and record  the  music  on   "And Then You Die"?

About a year/a year and a half.


6.Your  comrade/friend  Asphodel  wrote  the  lyrics  for the  band  when  did you  first  meet   Asphodel  ?What  are  some  topics/subjects   Asphodel   writes  about? Will  She  work  with you  on   Chaos  Altar's  future  releases?



I've known her for 10 years, and she happens to be my wife. As I said I created Chaos Altar to have my very own personal vision of music, so anyone but her could help me. Since I'm really not great at writing lyrics, it was really natural to entrust this part of the project to her.

She writes about the worship and nostalgia of the primitive Chaos, when earth and nature weren't ruined by the human hand.

With time it naturally evolved to life, death, and the hate for human, all of them!


7.Besides the  new E.P.   "And Then You Die"  do  you   have  any  other   merchandise  available  for the  fans? If  yes  where  can  they  buy  your  releases and  merchandise?


We also have shirts. You can buy it through Cold Raw records (coldrawrecords@gmail.com) or from us (chaosaltar@free.fr)


8.Executor  you  handle  the  guitars  for the  band  when  did  you  get  into  playing the  guitars? Are you  self taught  or  did you  take  lessons  when first  starting  out?

My "first" (and favorite) instrument is drums. I will always be a drummer above all.

I play guitar a little since I'm a kid, but I never took it seriously (before I started my project), so I don't have any skill, either a method of work, or took lessons. I just work my guitar to be able to play my songs, and the few cover I want to make, nothing more!

 
9.Who  are  some  of your   influences/favorite  guitarists?


I think you understood with the previous question that I don't really have any.

 I really like the writing of the guy from Nightbringer, or Mikołaj Żentara from Mgła. And of course Ihsahn I already quoted. But not really for their skill or anything like that, just for their great "riffing".

   But I could list you a LOT of drummers if you want! (laughs)

 
10.I believe you  also  handle the  vocals  for  the  band  when did you  start  growling and screaming? Do you  do  anything  special  to  keep your  voice/throat  healthy?

 

I did some backing vocals in old bands I played with, but I really started in 2008 with Nir'um'Tuk. As for the guitar I don't really have a method or anything. I just try to surround myself with darkness and hate when I record vocals.

  I believe emotions are a lot more important than technic in that type of vocals.

   Some of my best recording sessions for Chaos Altar were done when I had health issues. I was kinda weak but so more hateful. I gave all I had, on some screams I nearly passed out!


11.Executor   you  live  in  the  great  country  of  France  what  is  your  opinion  of  France's  metal  scene?


It's probably underrated, since we have a lot of really great bands but without a lot of exposure I guess.


12.Who  are some  of your  all-time  favorite bands from France? Are  their  any  new  bands  you  feel  the  readers  should  check  out  soon?

For the old ones I'd say Mercyless and Agressor.

For the new ones, of course the mighty Necrowretch!!

I could also quote Mourning Dawn, Aosoth, Ritualization, Malmort. If you didn't already you should check out the compilation "WE ARE FRENCH, FUCK YOU" from Triumph Ov Death records, which contains a great selection of French underground bands.


13.Besides  Chaos  Altar   are  you  currently   involved  with  any  other  projects  or  bands? If  yes  please  tell  the  readers  about  them?

I'm currently recording drums for Unholy War upcoming album (black metal from Germany)!

unholywar.bandcamp.com


14.Thank  you  Executor   for  taking the  time  to  fill  this  interview   out  do you  have  any  final  words  for  the  readers?

 Hails and thanks to Ode To War  Webzine to give the words to the Great Chaos!!!

Band    contact

https://www.facebook.com/chaosaltar

chaosaltar@free.fr

Cold   Raw  Records

https://www.facebook.com/ColdRawRecords

http://pontefractummelancho.wix.com/coldrawrecords

No comments:

Post a Comment